Content Manager (Local Hire)
- Location Lagos
Reports to: Head of Production Capacity Building
Essential Job Functions
The Content Manager is engaged to provide leadership and editorial oversight to the production process at Equal Access and AREWA24. Duties will include but not limited to:
- To work with the teams to develop new programming formats for in house production.
- To work with the teams to develop special programming for special events and occasions.
- To be responsible for the production of any third party programmes commissioned for the channel by other donors. Producing briefs, budgets, scripts and reports as required by the project.
- To work with HOPCB to finalize each programme that airs on AREWA24.
- To be editorially responsible for all programmes produced and advise on the content, format, and messaging of the original productions.
- Managing the production teams to ensure that they are all hitting their deliverable targets on time.
- Checking running orders and scripts to ensure that editorial quality is maintained.
- Overseeing the programming produced by external production companies to ensure that they meet the channel editorial policy providing feedback where neccessary.
- To be ultimately responsible for the overall editorial quality of the programming produced ensuring that all production is up to acceptable broadcast standard.
- To be responsible for the setting up and management of the Content Advisory Groups for each programming department.
- Participation in daily production meetings to review programmes delivered and provide input into the planning of future programmes.
- Providing feedback to Producers and making suggestions to content.
- Directing and producing the programme when necessary
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Applicants should send their Updated CV, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the position applied for should be clearly stated on the email.
Note: We may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.
Deadline: 9 April, 2017