Training Assistant at ICSL
- Location Lagos
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Training & Development- Ensures the training evaluation and training effectiveness forms are completed as defined
- Training & Development- Conduct needs analysis and determines training needs of employees through consultation with the respective line supervisors and H.O.D.
- Responsible for coordinating with external agencies for conducting training programs for employees.
- Ensure all trainings are approved before the participants embark also on payment advice and collection of certificates on time.
- Employee Records- Upload employee’s data on the company’s HR software database. Implement and maintain an effective record and file management system, ensuring accuracy and completeness of employee data on database.
- File back-up- scanning of employee personnel records to ensure it tallies and reconciles with hard copy version.
- File Management- Ensure an effective record and file management system of the department’s records i.e. performance evaluation, employee discipline, employment & interview, leave, training, timesheets etc. Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Archiving- Ensures departmental records are archived on need and approval basis (quarterly to yearly is recommended depending on volume of documentation)
- Departmental Stationeries- Requests, prepares and requisitions for the necessary stationeries or equipment required by the department.
- Meetings- Scheduling of meetings and interviews as requested or required.
- New Hires- Ensures completion of all appropriate paperwork for new employees.
- Ensure the effective management of training and evaluation of learning programs.
- Event Management- Assists with company’s events & meetings.
- Reports- Generate or Updates required meeting notes i.e. departmental and management meetings.
- Employee Records- Oversee the upload of employees’ data on the company’s HR software database. Ensure an effective record and file management system is maintained.
- Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to all departments.
- Makes photocopies, scans documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence. Draft memos, and other reports as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
- A university degree/HND holder is desirable.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Data Analysis skills using Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Ability to work with spreadsheets
- Good reasoning and analytical skills
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Applicants should send Cvs to [email protected]