- Location Abuja
- Carry out the necessary administrative procedures concerning expatriate staff:
- Deposit, follow and obtain legal administrative documents such as visa, stay permit work permit, travel authorization
- Maintain a tracking sheet of dates of expiry of all administrative documents and ensure they are extended on time
- Provide support required for visas needed for breaks, trainings, or meetings
- Act as the focal point for HQ concerning immigration needs
- Represent the organization when liaising with the local administrations:
- Establish or reinforce relations with the representatives of the different administrative services – Nigeria immigration, Ministry of National Budget and planning etc.
- Keep informed of any changes in the administrative procedures for obtaining documents;
- Brief new international staff on the administrative processes, rules and requirements
- Support in compiling and submitting reports to ministries as requested
- Keep the expatriates’ administrative files up to date:
- Prepare files for each expatriate on arrival – contracts, passport photos, photocopies of the passport, visa, etc.
- Ensure international employees’ documents are filed accordingly
- Update the HR Information System and expat files with all leave details and monthly timesheets for international employees
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, HR, Business Administration or related field of study from a recognized institution.
- 3 years’ work experience with at least 1 year in a related role.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Commitment to ACF charter and values
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An understanding of the relevant ministries and local authorities, and their procedures
- Commitment to humanitarian work
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “LIAISON OFFICER – ABUJA”. Any application received without these specifications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Deadline: 18 January, 2017